I was trying to figure out IBM's way of a Live Scoreboard, I thought it must be having AJAX (XMLHttpRequest), but its not. Its using flash. Here is what I've deciphered.
Sometime back I had written about "my concept" of Live Scoreboard. My Idea was of having a Web Service, which would provide a score updates, and that would be asynchronously called to update the scoreboard.
- There is a parameter of a XML file "mipConfig.xml" that is given to it. This file has some of the following information.
- ServerName and Port where Scoreboard (API | Service) is available.
- The position of FlashCursor !? ( I guess its the location where flash points latest points grabbed)
- The rate at which the Server needs to be queried.
- The xml file that points to the "FlashCursor" has some kind of serialized data in XML, which I'm unable to comprehend.
- After getting all this data,DOM is used to update the HTML.
If anybody has figured out more than I have (which I think could be wrong) don't mind posting what IBM's Scoreboard really is😉